Games Data Manager
Status: Contractor, 10 hours a week
Reports To: Managing Director of Games
Position Available: Immediately
Salary: $25-40 an hour, commensurate to skills/experience
Founded in 2004, the WFTDA promotes and fosters the sport of women’s flat track roller derby by facilitating the development of athletic ability, sportswomanship and goodwill among member leagues. The governing philosophy of the WFTDA is “by the skaters, for the skaters”. Female skaters are primary owners, managers and/or operators of each member league and association. Operational tasks include standards for rules, season, safety and determining guidelines for national and international athletic competitions of member leagues.
The WFTDA, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, is governed by a five-member Board of Directors. There are currently 177 WFTDA member leagues and 119 leagues in the WFTDA Apprentice Program. For more information about the WFTDA, please visit our web site at wftda.com.
The WFTDA seeks to hire a Games Data Manager. The Games Data Manager will be responsible for management and continued development, deployment and training of the WFTDA Games Data Repository in conjunction with the organization’s current technology contractor.
The WFTDA has developed the Repository for storage and publishing of games data and utilizes the data for such key Games functions as rankings and broadcast. The Games Data Manager will work with our Rankings Committee, Non-Skating Officials, Broadcast Team, Marketing and Statistics Committees to better integrate the technology and workflow throughout the organization, to integrate historical data into the Repository, make improvements, and train WFTDA officials and managers on the technology.
- Works with the multiple stakeholders– Games Management, Statistics and Data Collection, Officials, Broadcast, Marketing and the Developer – to adopt and implement games data technology.
- Technical consultation and management of current vendor relationship including identification and guidance of technology improvements, requirements development, integration with other WFTDA systems and project management.
- Development and documentation of training for Member Organizations in Games technical systems, provide email consultation where necessary. Work with Officiating Education Director on Rinxter curriculum for WFTDA Officiating Clinics.
- Project management and support of new Rinxter releases.
- Integration of statistics into the WFTDA league member pages and eventually WFTDA member league controlled web sites.
- Administration of WFTDA Games Data Repository including but not limited to elimination of duplicate entries, updating leagues and teams to match charter, correction of reported errors, and addition or deletion of leagues/teams/skaters.
- Entry of all previously sanctioned games approved by Statistics Committee and error correction of submitted games once entered into the Games Repository.
- Travel to WFTDA Tournaments and recognized events to facilitate immediate upload of accurate game statistics to the WFTDA Games Data Repository and support statistical integration into WFTDA.tv broadcasts.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong background in basic networking concepts: ability to configure wired/wireless networks, familiarity with basic firewall configurations, Windows/UNIX services and web browser technology.
- Experience with Rinxter a strong bonus.
- Experience as a WFTDA Non-Skating Official or statistician and familiarity with the WFTDA statsbook is highly recommended.
- Strong background working with and training volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to implement projects and adhere to established deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to pay close attention to the accuracy of work.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and appropriately with users and remote staff as necessary.
- Must be able to work with various staff and departments, as well as a contractor, to complete projects.
- Must be able to manage projects independently and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel a requirement.
Qualifications of an ideal candidate
- 3+ years professional experience in a technical project management and/or training position.
- Experience with Rinxter, the WFTDA statsbook and a history of work as a non-skating official.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or technical certification preferred.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
The Women’s Flat Track Derby Association is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Real. Strong. Athletic. Revolutionary.