Visit the WFTDA Leagues page to find a league near you and visit their website to learn more about how to support them.
Show Your Support for the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA)
The WFTDA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that governs the sport of women’s flat track roller derby, with more than 450 Member Leagues worldwide. You can show your support for WFTDA and our programs in a variety of ways.
What Your Support Will Do
Your support will help the WFTDA continue building out our equity and education programs and projects, such as:
- Our COVID-19 Return To Play Guidelines
- Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Marginalization Campaigns and Tools
- The WFTDA Code of Conduct Toolkit Expansion
- Safety and Concussion Awareness Campaigns
- MSR Task Force and New Beginner Curriculum
- Member Support Services and Much More!
How Can You Support the WFTDA?
Support the COVID-19 Recovery Fund
Throughout the global COVID-19 pandemic, the WFTDA and our community members put #LivesBeforeLaces in a way that no other sport has; to date, we have had no reported cases of COVID-19 as a result of playing WFTDA roller derby. Our refusal to contribute to cases has resulted in significant harm reduction in 450 communities across 33 countries where WFTDA leagues play.
While this approach saved lives, halting our sport has significantly impacted revenue in the WFTDA and our member organizations. The consequences are varied, from keeping organizations and operations alive to losing venues, sponsors, or other supporters.
To help rebuild our community, we are establishing the WFTDA COVID-19 Recovery Fund, creating a network of fundraising to help us rebuild the sport of roller derby together. The WFTDA COVID-19 Recovery Fund will provide microgrants to support our community in their post-COVID-19 roller derby recovery.
Learn more about the WFTDA COVID-19 Recovery Fund.
How You Can Support the Recovery Fund
- Donate: Help leagues minimize their financial risk and get back on track by donating to our recovery fund or by matching donations.
- Share the Message: Help promote the recovery fund. We appreciate any kind of outreach, advertising, and communication support. Make sure you’re following us on social media (listed at the top and bottom of this site) and boost our posts when you see them.
- Purchase a “The Pack is Back WFTDA Return to Play” product from our partner Frogmouth.
- Become a Partner: We want to join forces with progressive organizations, influential brands, and supporting individuals to change the world of women’s sports and get roller derby back on track. Become a WFTDA Partner and help raise awareness.
- General Support: All of the support options listed below will help WFTDA and our Member Leagues in our recovery efforts.
- Share Your Ideas: Do you have a totally different idea? Get in touch with us and let us know!
“Lives Before Laces” Face Mask
With our simple and straightforward breathable 2-ply cotton face mask, you can protect yourself and those around you while showing your support for WFTDA and our plan to return safely to roller derby by putting Lives Before Laces.
The WFTDA is a 501c3 non-profit organization, which is why we’re proud to partner with Bonfire, the platform that supports non-profits and their fundraising goals.
WFTDA beanies and “Roller Derby Can Change the World” apparel are also available in the WFTDA Bonfire store!
Donate to WFTDA
To make a general donation to WFTDA, click the Donate button below to make a donation with your credit/debit card or PayPal account. You can do a one-time or monthly donation.
To make a cash donation, or if you wish to make a sizeable donation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Women’s Flat Track Derby Association is a 501(c3) Non-Profit Organization based out of Austin, Texas, United States. If you would like a receipt of your donation for tax purposes please contact email@example.com. Check your local tax laws for donation guidelines.
Support WFTDA While You Shop
WFTDA is a PayPal Charity listed in the PayPal app and on PayPal’s fundraising site, where you can select WFTDA as your favorite charity to earn donations through the PayPal Giving Fund. During the holidays, if you select WFTDA as your favorite charity, we’ll receive a $1 donation every time you check out with PayPal. You can select WFTDA as your favorite charity in your PayPal settings or by visiting our PayPal Giving Fund profile page.
You can also support WFTDA through PayPal’s Giving Fund via PayPal’s partners’ platforms, such as eBay, GoFundMe, CrowdRise, Humble Bundle, Airbnb, and Zakatify.
Watch Roller Derby
Check out the WFTDA YouTube channel for video archives of past WFTDA tournaments and other events, as well as fun and educational roller derby-related content.
The WFTDA Twitch channel has several shows lined up for you to get your fill of roller derby. Become a subscriber for access to exclusive content and extra perks!