The Women’s Flat Track Derby Association is the international governing body for the sport of women’s flat track roller derby and a membership organization for leagues to collaborate and network. The WFTDA sets standards for rules, seasons, and safety, and determines guidelines for the national and international athletic competitions of member leagues.
The WFTDA, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, is governed by a seven-member, volunteer Board of Directors.
You can learn more about WFTDA, how this groundbreaking organization began, where it’s headed, who’s in charge, and more.
- History of WFTDA – Learn more about the growth of the WFTDA since it began as the United Leagues Coalition (ULC) in 2004.
- WFTDA’s Mission – WFTDA promotes and fosters the sport of women’s flat track roller derby by facilitating the development of athletic ability, sportswomanship, and goodwill among member leagues.
- WFTDA’s Gender Statement – The Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) is committed to inclusive and anti-discrimination practices in relation to all transgender women, intersex women, and gender expansive participants, and aims to ensure that all skaters’, volunteers’, and employees’ rights are respected and protected.
- WFTDA’s Diversity and Inclusiveness Statement – The WFTDA leadership is making an explicit commitment to improving diversity and inclusion within the WFTDA.
- Board of Directors – WFTDA is overseen by a five-member, volunteer Board of Directors.
- Code of Conduct – WFTDA leagues and skaters are held to a Code of Conduct, which outlines responsibilities and practices, on and off the track.
- Why WFTDA? – Information sheets in many languages about the benefits and strength of the WFTDA.
- Join WFTDA – Information on how to join the WFTDA Apprentice Program and become a member.