The WFTDA is accepting applications for Tournament Head Announcers for the 2017 International WFTDA Playoffs and Championships. The Tournament Head Announcers will be primarily responsible for managing the announcers at their assigned WFTDA Tournament location.
Applicants will be able to apply for specific locations. The positions will be selected before tournament seeding has been confirmed and a travel stipend will be provided.
» Apply for a Tournament Head Announcer position
Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) Tuesday, May 30, 2017
In addition, the WFTDA is excited to offer 20 spots for a free WFTDA Announcer Clinic at ECDX 2017.
This clinic will begin Friday at 9 a.m. with hands-on training throughout the day that will focus on building skills to participate at a tournament level and cultivating professional broadcast standards for announcers at every level. The curriculum is designed to help you develop and grow the strength of your calls at home league events, WFTDA-Recognized Tournaments and WFTDA Playoffs and Championships.
The free admission into the clinic does not include admission into ECDX, which will have to be purchased separately from the ECDX ticket page.
The course seeks to:
- Improve the quality of calls and observation techniques for the sport of roller derby
- Find ways to make roller derby announcing more inclusive, especially at WFTDA Tournaments and Events
- Dissect the skills needed for in-arena announcing (PA calls and emcee), broadcast announcing (play by play and colour), and the art of the interview
Some of the curriculum presented during the course will include:
- Navigating WFTDA statistics
- New broadcast techniques and sideline reporting
- In-House and Emcee roles
- Giving and receiving feedback
- And much more!
The clinic will also feature opportunities for feedback and knowledge transfer with experienced WFTDA announcers.
Any questions regarding the Tournament Head Announcer application process or the ECDX 2017 clinic may be sent to the Talent Management Committee at email@example.com.