Event and Venue Info
Traveling to Philadelphia for the 2017 International WFTDA D1 Playoffs? This page provides helpful information about the venue, transportation, and nearby hotels with group rates.
The Liacouras Center
1776 North Broad Street
Philadelphia PA 19121
There are several parking lots within a few block radius around The Liacouras Center. Parking lots will open two hours before the scheduled time of the event.
The Liacouras Garage (1710 N. 15th Street) is a multi-level parking structure located on 15th Street, between Cecil B. Moore Avenue and Montgomery Avenue. There is a covered bridge on the 3rd floor of the parking garage that provides easy access to The Liacouras Center. Event parking is $17/day. Cash & card accepted.
The 15th Street Parking Lot (1855 N. 15th Street) is located on 15th Street between Norris Street and Montgomery Avenue, 1 block north of the venue. Event parking is $17/day. Cash & card accepted.
Or skip the hassle of parking and take the SEPTA! The Liacouras Center is conveniently located right on the SEPTA Broad Street Line – get off at the Cecil B. Moore/Temple University stop, walk north past the Wendy’s and you will be right there.
How to Get to the City
- The Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is the major airport in Philadelphia. It is 7 miles south from Center City Philadelphia and accessible by car or train. The airport is just off of I-95 Northbound.
- Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) train line connects the airport to center city. There are train stops at Terminals E/F, C/D, B and A-East. The airport line stops at Center City train stations including 30th Street Station, Suburban Station and Jefferson Station. The one-way Regional Rail fare to Center City from the PHL airport is $6.50. For more info, including airport line train schedule: www.septa.org/welcome/airport.html
- PHL has 7 different rental car options including Budget, Dollar, Hertz and National. Taxi, limousine and shuttle services are available at Terminals A-East, B-C, D/E baggage claim areas.
- Bolt Bus and Megabus have service from nearby cities including: Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Buffalo, Hampton, New York, Pittsburgh, Richmond, Secaucus, and Washington D.C.
- The Megabus and Bolt Bus stop in Philadelphia is on the west side of 30th Street Station at 2955 Market Street. There is an additional stop for the New York Megabus service at Independence Hall west of the intersection of Market Street and North 6th Street.
- The Greyhound bus terminal at is at 1001 Filbert St and serves Greyhound and Peter Pan Bus line.
- 30th Street Station is the main railroad station in Philadelphia, referred to as PHL on Amtrak schedules. The station is at 2955 Market Street. There are numerous SEPTA Regional Rail train lines that stop at other main Center City train stations: Suburban station at 16th Street & JFK Blvd, and Jefferson Station at 12th Street & Filbert.
- From the PA Turnpike: Take the PA Turnpike follow signs for I-76E
- Take Exit 344 for I-676 E toward Central Phila
- Take right lane exit for 15th St
- From the NJ Turnpike: Take NJ Turnpike to exit 4 Route 73 North
- Follow 73N toward signs for I-295 S/Del Memorial Bridge
- Exit onto NJ-38W toward NJ-41/B Franklin Bridge
- Use right 2 lanes to turn slightly right toward US-30W/B Franklin Bridge
- Merge onto I-676W/US-30W
- Exit at Broad St
- From South: Take I-95 North
- Use Left lanes for exit 22 toward US-30E
- Exit at Broad St
Find this hotel and more room blocks at WFTDAhotels.com
Hampton Inn Center City
1301 Race St
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Hotel Website – Please book through WFTDAhotels.com
$219.00 + tax – Double/Double
Phone: (505) 346-0522
Deadline: October 6, 2017
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Concierge Services
- Fitness Center (On Site)
- Hot Tub, Indoor Pool
- Restaurant on Site
- Rollaway Beds Available
- Complimentary Wifi
- Complimentary Breakfast Buffet
- Self Parking: $30.00/night
- Valet Parking: $39.00/night
Check in: 4:00 pm
Check out: 11:00 am
Philadelphia Center City-Convention Center is located in downtown Philadelphia, across the street from the Pennsylvania Convention Center and a short walk away from Philadelphia Chinatown. For those flying in, Philadelphia International Airport is only a 10-minute drive away.
Philadelphia Convention Center hotel’s location is within walking distance to historic sites such as Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, the Betsy Ross House, and Penn’s Landing. Stroll through Society Hill or walk down Elfreth’s Alley, the oldest residential street in the US. Macy’s Wanamaker Building and Reading Terminal Market are just steps from our Center City Philadelphia location. The tournament venue, The Liacouras Center, is just 1.8 miles away.
Hotel’s Standard Cancellation Policy
Canceling your reservation before 72 hours prior to your date/time of arrival will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after this time or failing to show, will result in a charge equal to the first night’s stay per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation. If you need further assistance, call the hotel directly or contact customer service. Alternatively, you can cancel your reservation online.
There are other room blocks available at other hotels. Please visit WFTDAhotels.com for more information