If you’re traveling to New Orleans for the 2018 International WFTDA Championships, this page offers information about the venue, transportation, hotels, and more. You can find more detailed information in the Hospitality Guide.
Kiefer University of New Orleans Lakefront Arena (“Lakefront Arena”)
6801 Franklin Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70122
Getting to New Orleans
By Air: Fly into the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY). From MSY, there are traditional options of getting to your hotel, like cab or rideshare, but we’re hoping to have a Champs transport option. There is public bus transit from the airport, but it might take too long, depending on your destination. Check the time to make sure it works with your schedule.
By Bus: Greyhound and Megabus have service to New Orleans.
By Train: Amtrak has service to New Orleans on the City of New Orleans (from Chicago), Crescent (from New York City), and Sunset Limited (from Los Angeles). While an overnight trip might not be right for Champs, please consider the train if you live within eight hours driving distance of New Orleans.
By Car: To Kiefer University of New Orleans Lakefront Arena, 6801 Franklin Ave., New Orleans, LA 70122
- From WEST of New Orleans: Take I-10 East/I-610 East. Use Exit 4/Franklin Avenue from I-610 E. Turn left onto Franklin Avenue and continue about 2.5 miles to the Lakefront Arena.
- From EAST of New Orleans: Take I-10 West and then Exit 238A/Franklin Avenue. Turn right onto Franklin Avenue and continue about 2.5 miles to the Lakefront Arena.
- From the NORTH or SOUTH: These directions do not exist in New Orleans! Substitute “riverside” or “lakeside” as needed. And if you don’t know what that means, ask a local! We love to talk about directions in our city.
Buses will be available between the Astor Crowne Plaza and Lakefront Arena, Friday through Sunday.
Early birds get your Shuttle Pass for $20 until midnight Oct. 22nd! From Oct. 23 to Nov. 11 passes will be available online for $25.
Discounted fare for fans and participants attending the 2018 WFTDA International Championships. Only $20 one way/$40 round trip between the airport and our host hotel or anywhere downtown!
Register on-line with Airport Shuttle to obtain an e-ticket to print and bring with you on your trip to New Orleans Airport.
- Must book shuttle online at least 24 hours prior to your flight arrival time.
- Changes can be made to the existing reservation online if needed.
- Discount only applies to reservations made through this web portal — if not the discount doesn’t apply.
Where to Stay
Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans
739 Canal St.
New Orleans, LA 70130
Phone (504) 962-0500
Group Rates: $145.00 per night
- Triple Rate = $155.00 + taxes | Quad = $165.00 + taxes
- Room rate is available +/- 3 days of event (Nov. 5 – Nov. 15, 2018)
- All hotel room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes:
- Current fees are 15.75% plus a $2.00 per night fee
- $24.84 in taxes = $169.84 Total per night
Group Name: Women’s Flat Track Derby Association
Reservation Phone: 1 (877) 408-9661
Check in: 4:00 PM
Check out: 11:00 AM
Reservation deadline: Oct. 26, 2018 5:00 PM CST
- Fitness Center
- (2) Restaurants on site
- Complimentary Basic Internet
- All public areas non-smoking
- Dry Cleaning Pickup/Laundry
- Housekeeping service daily
Valet parking: $46.00 daily
Hotel’s Standard Deposit & Cancellation Policy
A credit card is required to hold each guest’s reservation. Such credit card shall serve to confirm the reservation for the dates indicated, and, upon check-in, maybe used as the Guest’s method of payment. There is no cancellation penalty if cancellation is received by Hotel at least 72 hours prior to arrival and a cancellation number is obtained. Cancellations made within 72 hours of arrival will be subject to a one night’s room and tax cancellation charge.